Friday, June 15, 2012

Thought of the Day

A friend had given me an article to read a while back by then Cardinal Ratzinger on the New Evangelization. I finally got around to reading it today, though, and found it extremely relevant to my time in Honduras. Some food for thought:
To evangelize means: to show this path-to teach the art of living...The deepest poverty is the inability of joy, the tediousness of a life considered absurd and contradictory. This poverty is widespread today, in very different forms in the materially rich as well as the poor countries.
Well, that is what I am going to Honduras to do. I must "surrender to the mystery of the grain of mustard seed and not be so pretentious as to believe to immediately produce a large tree." Instead, I pray that I can be a humble and patient servant of Jesus so that He can use me to do what He desires to do in the hearts of those I meet, even if that means I am led to Calvary, in a spiritual sense. But that is what it means to be a missionary. I only hope that God continues to form me so that this journey is not about me, but about Him and His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment