Monday, August 6, 2012

Nearly There

This is my last day at home. I am just packing up my stuff and getting ready to leave tonight. Yes, I am a little nervous. But I feel so blest. I have been longing to return to Honduras for two years since God has placed this seed in my heart and now He has called me to (finally) return. I hope that while I am in Honduras I will be given the grace to truly serve, without thought of what I might get out of it. There is so much brokenness in Honduras and a difficult reality of life that often remains hidden from day-to-day life in a first world country. It will be difficult to return to. But there is also so much joy; I have never seen true joy and beauty like in the villages of Honduras.

Well, I guess next time I write I will be in Honduras or Guatemala for language school. I wish everyone back home the best. You will all remain in my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    As I watched you pack, I was a little sad but as I saw the excitement in your face, I knew this was God's calling. I hope you find many blessings as you serve. You will be always be in my prayers. I love you.

    Mom

    Mom

    ReplyDelete