Friday, October 5, 2012

Finally Here

I am back in Honduras now after being in the States for a wedding. It is so good to be here and to be able to start settling in. I've been getting to know my fellow community members and adjusting to our daily routine. I am with some incredible people.

We started work on our ministry schedules the other day. I will be doing a lot of work with the scholarship program so neighborhood kids can go to school: tutoring, correspondence between here and the States, working with the kids on their required community service, and home visits. I am really excited about this work because I view education as key to a better life for the individual and a more human world for us all. In addition, I will be helping with a couple of the youth groups and whatever other stuff the Missioners are doing. For example, I know that there are a couple retreats to put on, training to lead, and mountain missions to do before December. Estoy muy emocionada para empezar.

No comments:

Post a Comment