Friday, September 20, 2013

Family, Beaches, and Fun

Well, my family left a couple days ago. It was really a blessing to have them here. I was able to show them around Comayagua and show them some of my ministries. We also took a side trip to Roatan, the islands in the Caribbean to the north. It was an enjoyable time, but for me a little weird. It was like being in a totally different country. Riding the bus up I was just thinking about my bus ride to Antigua and how Honduras looks very different through a bus window. Now, I certainly have nothing against being a tourist. On the contrary, I appreciated the chance. But on a tour bus you are a tourist, protected from the life of the people and isolated in your own bubble. It is very different walking the dusty streets, talking to people, and being challenged to love.  Now as we really get into my second year (orientation for the newbies is next week) I hope that I will be able to love and serve more fully. I want to really be able to enter into the lives of the people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment