Monday, May 24, 2010

One week...

Well, I have one week left until I leave. I am quite excited, though of course, a bit nervous. I have much to do, and not just the packing, practicing Spanish, visiting friends type of things. It is more important that I be preparing spiritually too, because that it the reason I am going in the first place.

Here are some details about my trip. I will be leaving May 31 and getting home Aug 5. While in Honduras I will be living and working with an organization called the Missioners of Christ. There are four of us going, but we will be joining several people serving for longer periods and also local Hondurans.

I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to do and why. The answer is quite simple, I do not know exactly what I will be doing in Honduras but I go because I feel that I have been called there. I don't know what God wants to do with these ten weeks and I am trying to be open to whatever His plans are instead of making lists in my mind of how I want to grow and what I want to experience. One thing is for sure: it will be an interesting summer!

2 comments:

  1. We are very proud of you, Jamie. Your actions are a testimate to your faith and will inspire those around you.

    The Vankats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime: I don't know where my "comment" went - I'm new to this blogggg thing.

    ReplyDelete