Monday, September 10, 2012

God is Strength in Our Weakness

I will admit, these last couple of weeks at the language school have been really tough. I want to back in Comayagua serving, but this is where God has me right now. It is sometimes hard to enter into the lives of the people because life is complicated and so often difficult. I just want to be able to change the situations I see, but I can´t. It is a great frustation to me and a cross that I will carry during my time here: knowing how much my fellow human beings suffer and being powerless to change the structures and situations that have caused that. I guess, as Christians, we put our hope in God that He can still work in this broken world and can, as St. Paul says, use our weaknesses and make them into strengths. What I can do is humbly let the Lord guide me as I walk with the people here for a short time and pray that He will use me as an instrument of His love, even if I am unaware.

2 comments:

  1. I so admire your courage Jamie. I have struggled with many of the questions you post when working with agencies serving the poor in our communities. It seems like there is such a disconnection between the rich and the poor but God loves us all as his own. Love each person he puts in front of you and it will all work out the way He wants it to.

    ReplyDelete