Friday, February 1, 2013

An Update of the Happenings

Well, it has been a busy week. I can't believe I have almost been back here a month! Some highlights are as follows:
  • I am now helping with correspondence between the scholarship program here and in the States. Since I already work so much with this program, I am excited to be able to help in this way too. I really do believe that education is the key to a better future for both these kids and for the world as a whole. (Of course that's what I think; I'm a teacher.)
  • These last couple of days I have been subbing for a friend at one of the bilingual schools. I have enjoyed it and appreciate the opportunity. It is a confirmation that I am where I am supposed to be at this time in my life: missionary and still being able to get in a classroom from time-to-time.
  • Speaking of teaching, I have been asked to start teaching English lessons to the students in the scholarship program. That way, when they see it in high school, they should have at least some familiarity and be better equipped to be successful in that class. Mostly I have just been trying to do lesson planning, but where do you even start?
Well, those are some of the things that have been going on down here. I hope everyone is doing well. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment