Friday, May 31, 2013

Ready, Set, Go!

Sorry it has been so long since I have written. I don't really have a good excuse. But now I am writing again.

We are just gearing up for summer, by far the busiest time of the year. There is a lot more that we do now than what we did three years ago when I came as a summer-termer: more, missions, more teams, more retreats, more activities. Plus, I don't think as a summer-termer I quite grasped the amount of behind-the-scenes things that happen.

In one of our meetings we have had, Carol challenged us to remember that we are not here for ourselves, especially this summer.  It isn't bad to see how you are growing, but we can't focus only on that. We have to give. This summer I will meet hundreds of people both from the States and from mountain villages. How sad if they don't leave a bit closer to Christ, because that is Who we all hunger for. They don't need Jamie; they need Jesus. Please pray for us that we will be able to serve selflessly this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment