Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Why Me?

Sorry this post has been a while in coming; we’ve been busy. But now that the team has left for the States I can finally write an update.

We had the first mountain mission of the summer last week. I went to two villages: Plan Grande and Quebradas. They were both very beautiful towns high up in the mountains in the heart of coffee territory. The title of this post refers to a question I asked myself continuously throughout the week, not in a negative way, but with awe and gratitude.

It is incredible to think that God has me of all people in a foreign country, in a place few ever see, working among such incredible people as a missionary. Every time I gave a talk or had a conversation I wondered why God chose me. I have done things I never thought I would do here. Wasn’t there someone better to work alongside the Hondurans? It is a mystery why God chose me, a mystery I doubt I will ever know the answer to. But that’s ok because I chose to live it and embrace it. I am so grateful for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment