Friday, December 7, 2012

Disappointment

Sometimes, life doesn't work out quite like we planned. These last two weeks were one of those times. We had a week of intense faith formation for Honduran youth and then a mountain mission. I have been looking forward to them for quite a while, but I got sick and couldn't go. I have been trying to trust that God has some sort of bigger plan for these two weeks, but it hasn't been easy. Yet, just because I don't clearly see God working doesn't mean He isn't.

My poorly-timed health problems aside, these weeks have been very beautiful. The youth that came to training week were rock-solid in their faith. It gives me hope for this country and this world. I am starting to understand better what was discussed during the formation program: we might have a comfortable life, plenty of food, hot water, and whatever else we could want, but without God, we have nothing. Isn't to be human to be in relationship with God or at least to be searching?

No comments:

Post a Comment