Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! May it be filled with many blessings.

To think, we celebrate a baby born over two thousand years ago. But it wasn't just any baby; it was God. I don't think we can wrap our minds around that. How many times have we heard the Christmas story? In my case, so many that I forget the earth-shattering significance of that night in Bethlehem. But if God became man, if Jesus is God, that demands a response. This has been a point of reflection for me over the past months. The video below could easily be set in Bethlehem and changed to say, "He is Jesus, the Son of God, you owe Him your allegiance." And like Boromir, we have the choice to say "I will follow you, my King, my God," or "I have no King; I need no King." Jesus, the Son of God, was born. What is our response?

No comments:

Post a Comment